Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Paper Heart

First off I love these cute little quirky movies because I know I can definitely be quirky if not just plain weird. But let me lay it out for you Charlene Yi thinks she is incapable of falling in love and sets out to find out if it is true. She interviews countless people on the subject all over the country including Albuquerque. Here is where this movie is different though, during the filming she starts to date Michael Cera (yes that cute, adorable, sarcastically awkward funny pocket size Michael Cera) and the director Nick wants to tape it since it is now part of her journey. And when the interviewed couples tell stories from their relationships they are acted out with these handmade dolls- this sounds creepy but is actually really original and these dolls are some fun art.
This movie is a short little treat which ends like you want it too and is filled with heartwarming moments. From the little Southern gentlemen answering questions about love on the playground who is far wiser than his years, to other hilarious scenes like Nick and Charlene running towards a fireworks shop shouting Fireworks. If you do rent it make sure to watch the deleted scenes I found myself wondering why some were not included in the movie. Overall I would definitely suggest it in fact this and 500 Days of Summer would be a lovely double feature. These are the kind of movies that leave you happy and hopeful.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Ahhhh cute. I'll have to add it to my Netflix.

Cory B. said...

Dude she goes and sees that fortune teller whose pic is on the side of the freeway near UNM.