Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Dinner Party!?!

It is my week for the weekly ? and since I have a feeling I will be no where near a computer for the next few days here it is early. If you could invite any 3 people to a dinner party at your house from the entertainment industry (books, movies, music, etc.) who would it be? Dead or alive. And magically you would all want to be there, food would be provided, along with a killer outfit and your house would also be clean. So not that we have all that other stuff out of the way,who would it be? Me well I am still contemplating and making some cuts. But who would you send an invite to?


Heidi - Okay whoa this has taken me SOOO long to think up an answer to. I mean there are so many things to consider. Gorgeous guys are a pitfall because, well I'm a nerd and get worse around pretty men. Gorgeous women are a pitfall because well....I don't want to continue this line of thinking. Funny people seem like a must but could also be tragic because I don't want to look super unfunny. Can you tell overthinking this is involved? But I have come to a sort of conclusion. And this weekend Cory, Ab, and I decided that couples count as 1 invite, so keep that in mind. Alright my first invite gets sent with much anticipation and joy to Joel McHale. What can I say I just love the guy, he's good looking, funny would keep the conversation going, it would be golden. I also think he could put every body at ease. But let's face it, I'm just totally in love with him and his funny, he could even bring his wife if he wanted. My second invite is a couple invite to Charlize Theron and Stuart Townsend. I know she is an absolutely gorgeous women but she just sounds like a ton of fun whenever she's on talk shows. And Stuart Townsend is my favorite Dorian Grey. And my last invitation is also a couple one and it's for Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal. They just look like so much fun too and would be easy to talk to. And they're just so dang cute together I can't even stand it. Oh man my party just sounds like so much fun except I need a dang date! So let's just add Ian Somerhalder in there as my date ;).
Some close seconds: Kristin Cavallari from the Hills, just because I'm curious about her in reality. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. Okay really no but it would be interesting to see if they're as wacked out in person.....

Cory- Ok it took me a really long time to think of who I wanted to fill these slots and after much deliberation I have my answer. First guest Donnie from the local radio station here The Peak 100.3. He grew up in and still lives in Moriarty and well he is just funny. I think he would be great to have a conversation with and complete fun also I think we would become good friends after and have cupcake dates (or maybe that is just delusional fan thinking). Second guest J.J. Abrams and his wife who he says very nice things about which just makes me like him more. Ok so I would probably lie to JJ and tell him to show up an hour earlier so I could get all my Felicity/Alias/Lost/Fringe questions out of the way before the other guests showed up. What I would have appetizers and really it would be so the rest of the guests could miss this geek fest. Third and final gues and this is the stop I could jsut not fill no one was either cool enough or would mesh well but last night it came to me: Mindy Kaling. You may know her as Kelly on The Office but she actually writes & produces the show too. She also has a blog solely about shopping, so worst case we could gab about that. Either way another fun addition.
Considered but thrown out: Joss Whedon (it would just be too much in one room), John Mayer (so I could tell him to knock it off!), Shia LaBeouf (purely curiosity, although it would wreck my crush because I would see how short he actually is), and stolen from H Kristin Cavillari (I like her!).

Abbey:
This is by far the hardest question yet, and the one you have to really dig deep and think about the most because, let's face it, I want to have the best dinner party of all. My dinner party focuses on the funny, since I think we've established that's all I really do. All of my guests are all couples, that is the best way to get all the funny packed nicely in.
First deliciously designed invitation gets sent of to:
Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos (Regis can stay home). I have the hugest girl crush on Kelly Ripa, she is probably one of my top 5 favorite people ever in the entertainment industry. The two of them together are a) the cutest couple ever and b) super funny separately and together. They could carry the conversation, make everyone feel great about themselves, and keep us laughing. Plus then, I could get an in with Kelly and please Lord, become her bff. And I don't want to sound conceited or anything, but Ben and Mark would get along great together.
Steve Carell and Jim Carrey. I am fully aware these two are not a couple, but I am forcing them to be one to save my last slot. I love love love Jenny McCarthy (yet another funny blonde, hmmm, what do you think I wish I was?), but she would spend the evening talking far too much about autism and healthy living and that's just plain a downer, so she can stay at home and hear about how great the evening was from Jim afterwards. I don't think much further explanation on this couple pick is needed, seeing as how their names are Steve Carell and Jim Carrey. Preeeety much the funniest men alive. I want Steve to say something off color and give us all that famous that-was-awkward-but-you-know-it-was-hilarious smile that makes me laugh the hardest whilst watching The Office. That is my wish for the evening.
Darius Rucker. I am aware this is a bit obscure, and so obscure that I don't even know if he's married or not, but I heart him. Hootie and the Blowfish was my very first ever CD purchased, and it still tops all else. My parents thought he was terribly monotonous, but their songs just grabbed me and I love them. They're included on that yet-to-happen list of songs that make me cry. Darius recently went country and his album is fabulous, I still adore him. Really, if it wasn't so blatantly a black name (not in a bad way, back off ACLU), I would've named my son Devin, Darius. If you can have a crush on someone that isn't an attracted-to crush, but an I-just-love-everything-you-do crush, he is mine.
Honorable Mentions: Adam Lambert, I would love to include because even after his super grosso antics on the AMA's, I still have a crush on a gay dude. Excluded because he's a little bit too much and while I appreciate the yell, I don't want it occuring at my dinner party. Rainn Wilson, included because he's so creepily hilarious (my favorite character on The Office), excluded because, well, I'm mean, but he's not very pretty. And I didn't have another spot. Man, she's showin' up everywhere, but Kristin Cavallari. Included because I lately have loved the bad guys in most of the shows/movies I've seen. She's great, I totally love her. Mostly because everyone hates her and I think it's hilarious. Excluded because she'd try to steal the show, and that's unacceptable.


Kara: This post is unacceptably late, and I honestly still don't have a really good answer for it. Way to make me think, Corey! I don't think I've spent this much time mulling something over since grad school. Sad. But, like Abbey, I think my guests would pretty much all focus on the funny. I have very little patience for people who don't have a sense of humor, especially lately, so my guest list is entirely composed of people that I believe would entertain me for the two to three hours that we'd be eating the delicious food Shiloh lovingly prepared.
Jon Stewart: I love him, think he is pretty much a genius and would honestly know very little about world politics if I did not follow "The Daily Show" and then go read up more on the topics he brings up. He's self-depricating, which is a must in humor for me (as Abbey has pointed out, Regis Philbin is also quite funny, but he's so full of himself he's intolerable. So no invite.) I would have to ask him to watch the f-bombs, I realize that if I had actual conversations with him I'd probably be horrified without the Comedy Central censors making his witticism PG-13 for me. But he'd do it, and it'd be awesome.
Steve Carrell: Also hilarious, also self-depricating and extremely humble. Also, I'd invite their wives and kids because both of these two have been married for quite awhile (Steve's wife played his real estate agent on "The Office") and seem to be devoted family men, and I would love to see that play out in person. The other thing with funny people is that sometimes they don't like being around other really funny people because its competition for them, but since Carrell got his start as a correspondent on "The Daily Show," they already get along and now how to play off each other. And the rest of us can just enjoy it!
John Krasinski: Again, really, really funny and adorable in a very relatable, normal guy kind of way. Already gets along with Steve Carrell (at least I think so, never read anything about any of that cast fighting), doesn't have to be the center of attention so he wouldn't be one-upping anyone, just contributing to the general hilarity. He would also bring his fiancee, Emily Blunt, who I think is probably equally funny, and whom I love for uttering one of the best lines ever in "The Devil Wears Prada": I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight."

1 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh man I totally love everyone's people and I better get an invite to all these parties too!!!