Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Noisettes- Joss Stone-Greek

Once again I am too lazy to post three times so here it is all at once.

The Noisettes – Wild Young Hearts
They were featured on the One Tree Hill ep. a few weeks ago played during Brooke’s fashion show so I decided to check them out and imagine my great surprise and happiness when I found their CD for I think $6 on Amazon to download.
But here is the issue I don’t know how to describe their sound so here is my best crack at it” That Amy Winehouse new old sound with some more guitar/rock feel and a girl with amazing pipes thrown in." The songs have original hooks and lyrics you want to sing along too (or at least in my case). Give it a listen and see for yourself though since everyone hears something different. There is even a song called Atticus as in To Kill A Mockingbird.
Faves: Wild Young Hearts, 24 Hours, Beat of My Heart, Don’t Upset the Rhythm (Top Fave), Every Now and Then, Never Forget You - pretty much the whole CD.


Greek
This show has almost finished its season on ABC Family but last night’s episode was so good I just have to show some love. A musical episode where it was believable and you saw people really practicing for it. This show centers on a brother and sister attending college and their Greek system. The brother Rusty is a polymer science major so you get your smart funny but he also belongs to the craziest frat on campus- he is all about the balance. Casey the sister is on her way to figuring it out and just in time since she graduates soon and belongs to what used to be the best sorority there- they are trying to get back.
So I know what you’re thinking I know people in the Greek System and well they are their own kind of special but this show is so good. There is all this history, inter-house rivals, Crazy Southern Christian Roommates, and oh wait the big part of college trying to grow up thrown in. And they work a pop culture reference in the best way.

Joss stone- Colour Me Free!
This girl is stubborn and you can feel it- and while if you had read anything about the girl she is a fool. That whole New Old sound was all hers to begin with and she shows her chops on this CD. Her voice is as always really good and there are just some songs where the feel is just perfect velvety sultry. If you liked her old stuff you will like this CD and well I liked her old stuff. Plus it is so good I had to skip when it came up studying too distracting.
Faves: Free Me, Incredible, 4 and 20, Stalemate, Lady, Big Ol’ Game, You Got the Love, Could Have Been You (Love Love Love)

0 comments: