Thursday, September 24, 2009

500 Days of Summer

Not what I thought but better…
- This is totally late I pretty much forgot I wrote it so lameness on my part.

My sister came with me to see this indie film because I always feel I am not hipster chic enough to see these movies.

This movie is about a greeting card writer who meets a girl and they date, her name is Summer. The movie hops around from different days of the 500 days of Summer (the girl not the season). So we see the whole relationship like it got cut up and then mixed- like a delicious salad. Including how Tom deals with their breakup after thinking she was the one (this happens pretty early and is pretty well known so not a spoiler). Including how different he sees her pre and post breakup.

Sounds like a downer but it’s not. You not only get to see their entire relationship but also a lovely side of LA, and Summer’s wardrobe is really cute, plus the music is great too. And I am not into Joseph Gordon-Levitt (huh 3 names again) but by the time I left this movie I totally loved him.

It is just a cute little movie about something we will all go through or have.

4 comments:

Kara said...

I wanted to see this movie, and now I really want to. Must think of a way to trick hubby into going . . . or drag Abbey on a late showing for a girl's night when our hubbies can put the kids to bed . . .

Abbey said...

Drag Abbey, drag Abbey, drag Abbey!

Cory B. said...

It was really cute, at least I thought so.

Kara said...

Okay, Abs, I'm dragging you!