Thursday, September 10, 2009

Muse-Hack

Say it out loud, it makes sense. I'm excited I get to be first because that means that people can't steal my review! Haha. So the last week or more I've been holed up work in a lab all by myself. Which means that I get to play whatever music I want! So I put Pandora on Kate Voegele and went about my day. And here's what I've come to realize. There is not one song of hers that I don't like. She has two cd's out and I absolutely love both of them. She has a gorgeous voice that I can listen to all day long. And even better she has a good mix of upbeat songs about love, songs about hating love, and really slow songs that just calm you down. That is my favorite part because I often find that some artists have all of one kind of song, and while that kind of song is good, it's just too much. So I totally recommend both of her cds A Fine Mess, and Don't Look Away.
And she's totally a throwback to One Tree Hill, which although she's cheesy I totally love her on it because she doesn't take people's drama. So go Kate!


And because I don't want to make another post and I definitely have to get this one in before Abbey does, Rob Thomas' new cd Cradlesong. Honestly I was TOTALLY against this cd, right from the start because Her Diamonds was totally overplayed and I just didn't like it. Then I found out it was written for his wife who has cancer and I felt completely awful. But then Abbey sent me the entire cd and now that I have listened to it. I totally love it. 'Natural' is a little weird, his voice get's all smoky and fake like Christian Bale when he's Batman....but other than that I completely love it. And the title track 'Cradlesong' is so sweet it makes me want to die, and then find a boy who will sing it to me and cry. It's that good.

1 comments:

Kara said...

I'm very excited about this music hacking part of our blog, because I don't listen to the radio (except talk radio, but that's another story entirely) so I'm never up to date on music. I used to rely on my sister Meg to keep me current, but since becoming an architecture major she is sadly neglectful in those duties now! So bring it on, fellow Hackers, I shall now go purchase Kate's CDs on iTunes!