Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hacking Heroes

So. I'm late to this bandwagon. I realize that. But here I sit, somehow unfortunately addicted to Heroes. I fought hard not to watch this show. Really hard, almost as much as I fought against watching Lost. Althought I made it longer with Heroes. I gave in. And now, for the past week I have been stuck watching Heroes because I now am invested. It's kind of a double edged sword getting invested in something...at least for tv shows that is. Especially when they are 23 episodes to a single season. BUT, a review. So the show is not exactly a new concept, genetic evolution, but it's presented in a really different way. It's these ordinary people's lives and that's why it's so easy to get sucked in. And you just want to know if they save the world. A definite drawback to this show though, is that's it's like Lost and 24 and all those other shows that suck you in, you really can't miss an episode or you'd have missed something vital. But Cory has not had to stage an intervention for me yet. I told her that if I missed class, then we would need one, but that hasn't happened yet and I have one more day before class starts. And all I'm guaranteed on Netflix is the first season, after that I have to go a disk at a time which definitely helps obsession.
Am I glad I got talked into it? Yes, because now I get to have an opinion on Heroes, and I always love having more opinions. I caved to peer pressure, I know, but it was fun. And I got to indulge in the REAL reason I wanted to watch. I have a total crush on Zachary Quinto. He's pretty much my dream. And not just because he's good looking. Because he is. But his voice. I have a real thing for voices and his is awesome. And he's a bad guy and who doesn't want that?! Milo Ventimiglia is also good, but he would be better if he cut his hair.... This show is good enough that I can overlook the fact that Hayden Panettierre bothers me. So that's a plus for me. We'll see if I stick with it after the first season, but so far, definitely good if you have the 20 hours to put into it....as I apparently do.

4 comments:

Kara said...

Okay, Heidi, I've held out this long on "Heroes" because I thought it was going to be too "sci-fi" for me (or scy-fy, if you're required to change the spelling of such words when the ScyFy network does, I'm not sure about these rules.) But, I actually really, really liked "Star Trek" (and I went under protest because Shiloh has drug me to several other Star Trek movies and I did not enjoy them.) I credit JJ Abrams for a lot of this, because I've liked all his TV shows, but another part was that Zachary Quinto was fantastic! So perhaps I need to Netflix these as well . . . you know, to watch in my spare time. :)

Heidi said...

I know Kara, you and I really to fill up our extra time, we just have so much of it :). I agree about Star Trek, I didn't think it would be good but then it totally was!! And that was where my love of Zachary Quinto began... I've heard though just the first season is good...

Kara said...

Oh, and I've been told its SyFy. There, now the spelling is correct! :)

Heidi said...

Haha, I was watching Eureka and saw that and was very confused why they had to go and change it...