Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ahhhhhh!

The "fall" is here, warm up the Tivo!! It's like I can finally breathe again after being underwater once fall TV starts. Summer tv is great for the 5 shows I Tivo'd, but man I love me some fall TV. I must make this quick however, I have a little rugrat upstairs locked in her room kicking the wall signaling me to let her out of the pen and another one wants a bottle. Sheesh, these things are so needy! You can totally tell where my priorities lie, right? Duh, my children!... I'm not negletful, TV/blogging/music is just that important. Oh yes, I am adding music to our list of things we review as it truly is my passion, even above TV and pop culture. I will establish myself now as the music guru of the h.a.c.k. group, even though I will prob get slapped in the face by someone who knows more than me. But in all seriousness, I love music so I'm adding it. But I digress. Since my time is short, I'm making lists (they pale in comparison to Cory's lists) of what I watched over the summer, what I plan to watch this fall, and also some music joy. Ah yes, I digress again. I am the resident not-ever-watched-tv-phenomenons. I have never watched nor will ever watch:
24
Heroes
Lost
Survivor
There are others, but they aren't nearly as big of a deal. No offense to those of you who adore and are addicted to these shows. I tried to watch Prison Break and follow it (and I did successfully for 3 seasons), but goodnight I got tired of things always going wrong. It felt like Mr. Bean all over again, but more attractive (yes, thank you) and more dangerous. And I hate Mr. Bean.
Summer TV (don't judge now, I had to find something to pass the time)
*First and foremost is WIPEOUT. How awesome is this show? First because it is one of the 3 shows my husband chooses to watch with me (he really would be a lot more involved in my life if he sat and watched TV as much as I do...). Second, the announcers John and John. I know they have time to write this stuff, but it is pure comedy gold. And third, I could SO do this! I just feel deep within my heart that my calling and maybe only talent in life would be doing ridonkulous obstacle courses and totally rock it. I'm so not even joking. Some of you might think you can save the world, feed the hungry but I? I can do obstacle courses.
*Burn Notice and In Plain Sight. Duh. I know Kara detailed why we love these two shows, but I need to add. Ha-loo, Michael Weston is the new Jack Bauer, and I love him. And Fiona totally made the name Fiona cool again, because we all know Shrek's wife did nothing for the name (me and Cameron Diaz are not friends). In Plain Sight graced me with my favorite line ever:
"All you supposed happy people walking around really need to take a closer look at your lives". Nuff said.
*Amazing Wedding Cakes. I actually despise all of the people on this show, they are all weird or nuts or rude, but I love love love cake shows. I can't get enough of them. In my fantasy life, I rock at making cakes.
*SYTYCD. Not sure if I'll watch this fall though, it's a tough call. It's my summer show and I'm a little miffed at it for butting into my fall line-up.
*Real Housewives of NJ and some of Atlanta. I love NJ even more than OC, but Atlanta is insanity and real people do not behave like this ever, no matter how much fake money they have. And if they were in my restaurant, I would so kick them out.
*The Soup. Um Joel McHale makes me LOL. And this is another Ben watches with me, and we both sit on the couch and giggle hysterically. Joel McHale has brought us closer together. Joel McHale for President!!
*Loads of HGTV and DIY, since we have so much money and have so many projects to do around our house. You should see my house, it is a veritable DIY showpiece! Just kidding. That's only in my head.
Fall TV
Really my daughter is getting beligerent, I must hurry, so details later....
*THE OFFICE!!!!
*Law & Order: SVU
*Glee
*90210 (I so wish that real HS was like this, don't you? Not. Was HS all about sex? I didn't think it was totally completely all about sex sex sex but maybe I missed something huge and glaringly obvious)
*One Tree Hill
*Private Practice
*Grey's Anatomy
*HOUSE!!!
*Ugly Betty (I must have some shows that are not drama)
*So looking forward to watching Southland for the 1st time
*Fring sounds interesting Cory, totally adding it!
*Community
*I'm sure there's more but I can't remember them all right now...

And again, I am running short on time, bah! So for now, go to my other blog and listen to my current most favorite song by Seether. I know, I know, it is a butt rock group, but this song is fantastic. Thank you Ben for introducing it to me. Sometimes, music is a religious experience for me. I get choked up (literally, tears are shed), I feel warm and fuzzy inside, I feel excited and I feel happy. This song is what is doing that to me currently. Maybe later tonight I will do a list of songs that have moved me in such a way, but I might get overwhelmed with the fabulosity of it all and just keel over and die.
And last, but not least, h.a.c.ks forever! We are awesome. And I love that our initials spell hack, because me and my fam's initials spell bakd. Kind of a let down, especially when I realized it spelled baked like a cookie (not a druggie) immediately after stenciling it on some wall art.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

OH! I totally meant to add music I just forgot. We are totally doing music.

Is the Seether song Rise Above This because I ADORE that song. "I may have been lost, but I haven't forgotten my way home." Makes me want to cry every time. And his voice is great.

Abbey said...

YES it is Rise Above This

Kara said...

Okay switching over to your blog to start crying now. I haven't cried in a few hours, I'm probably due! :)

Cory B. said...

Music I love we are doing music I don't think anyone will like the music I like but yeah I am with Abbey all the way music is amazing and wonderful.

Kara said...

Oh, and what is a butt rock group?

Heidi said...

It's angry head thrashing music. I always think of Linkin Park songs where in almost every song they had to stop and have a yell session....